It came it went, we skied, we rode, we danced, we partied and we shared on social media the highlights of the 2016 World Ski and Snowboard Festival. A world-class festival to top off an epic season at Whistler Blackcomb here are 12 Festival Highlights from #WSSF this year.
- Chromeo’s set on the last Saturday of the festival had the crowd grooving- funking out to some electro beats.
2. Everyone enjoyed some big air and freestyle sessions at the Monsters Boarderstyle Event.
3. The mind-bending, thought-provoking and skillfully crafted pieces of art on display at State of the Art Exhibit were a highlight of the festival.
4. The world-class sports photography on display at the Olympus pro photographer showdown was inspirational and had everyone on the edge of their seats. Winner: Jussi Grznar.
5. Whistler Village was a buzz with locals and tourists from around the world.
6. Who can forget the party at Glacier Creek Lodge and the shenanigans that ensued?
7. Ahhh and the lovely mountains and bluebird skies that provided a great backdrop and playground for festival goers.
8. We saw tricks and turns that ignited our passion and inspired us to go big.
9. Sun + Snow + Fun = EPIC festival days on Whistler Blackcomb.
10. Who can forget the roller derby girls battling out on the rink!?
11. The free concert series had everyone dancing and enjoying the festival vibe.
12. A memorable time had by all- can’t wait to see you again next year #WSSF!